Pest Control Technician Job Description
Prescription Pest has been a family owned Austin business since 1998, servicing residential and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, optimizing operations with technology and being a great place to work. We offer salaried positions, health insurance and being part of a great team.
Responsible for identifying, selecting, mixing, and applying chemical or manual solutions to eliminate pests. Identifies pest problem and appropriate solution, applies chemical or trap, and removes animals. Customer service aspects including being timely, answering questions, making recommendations, collecting payment and other various needs.
These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Inspect property to ascertain possible sites of pest invasion and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent infestation.
- Identify invading pests, including: rats, termites, snakes, wasps, ants, spiders, mosquitoes, or bed bugs.
- Create Wood Destroying Insect reports including recommendations.
- Measure area dimensions requiring treatment.
- Create/coordinate with CA to create termite treatment estimates.
- Apply chemical solutions, powders, and granules on or near surfaces of a building or house to eliminate pests.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed for application and reentry.
- Utilize appropriate protective gear and equipment during application.
- Cut or bore into buildings to access infested areas.
- Make minor exclusions including installing bath trap covers.
- Set mechanical traps and place bait.
- Remove dead rodents after extermination or live animals after trapping.
- Keep service vehicle organized, professional, clean and follow all TDA related regulations.
- Maintain proper inventory of tools, equipment, and materials in company vehicle.
- Maintain professional appearance including clean company uniform, appropriate footwear and maintaining personal hygiene.
- Build positive, strong relationships with clients. Work to exceed client expectations. Make suggestions to clients on how to avoid pest problems when appropriate. Report to client contact person before and after providing pest prevention services. Whenever possible, explain actual or potential problems to clients face-to-face. Manage clients through company provided technology.
- Know and adhere to all TDA regulations as well as follow all label instructions.
- Participate fully in training opportunities provided to enhance knowledge and to meet requirements for licensing.
- Respond cooperatively with requests for help from fellow employees.
- Work flexible schedule as required to meet client expectations, including occasional weekends and evenings. Manage schedule and route to find ways to include unscheduled events into daily route. Respond to client complaints as quickly as possible after receiving notification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of common practices, tools and terminology used to control pests; thorough knowledge of the use and characteristics of pesticides.
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions associated with the work.
- Ability to work from sketches, drawings, plans or specifications
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to apply pesticides chemicals in accordance with established regulations and to read, understand and follow chemical label instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to estimate materials and time needed to complete task
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate with a diverse population.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, crawl through attics, use a latter to access roofs, and inspect crawl spaces.
- Skilled in the use of tools and equipment necessary to perform tasks (includes iPad, rigs, termite rods, etc)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED
- A valid Texas Department of Agriculture General Pest and Termite Technician Certification
- A clean driving record
- The ability to pass a background check including a drug screen and physical
- Provide documentation of ability to work in the United States
- Enjoy working with people, technology, animals, and the outdoors